RE: Definition of cloneNode method

From: Jeff Mackay <jmackay@vtopia.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 20:09:51 -0600
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
>- is this intended?  Probably not - it looks as
> though it would help to spell out additionally that
> all the child and sibling attributes of the parent
> need to be changed to refer to the clones, and the
> parentNode attributes in the children need to be
> set to the node for which they were recursively
> created.

ID attributes also need to be examined.  What happens when I clone a set of
nodes having unique IDs?  Are the IDs cloned as well? Under the current
definition, I would presume so.

What happens when I copy those cloned nodes with their duplicate IDs to
another section of the document?

Even more complicated is nodes with IDREF attributes, when the value of an
IDREF points to a node that is also being cloned.

Jeff Mackay
Vtopia, Inc.