RE: RFC: White Space Handling In XML Parsing

Your right, the second sentence under (3), does make a
new requirements on the application receiving the info
from the parse. I see no reason that that cannot be done,
as the para you show from the XML does not imply anything
if the xml:space has not been declared on the root. That
definitely leaves it to the application to decide id it
wants to.

--
Joel A. Nava                  (408)536-6209
Adobe Systems, Inc.         jnava@adobe.com