Re: html table

On Sat, 15 May 1999 12:51:36 -0400, Hariharan Krishnan
(hari@skyweb.net) wrote:
> I was trying to construct a html table using DOM (Level 1 HTML). I found
> insertRow which returns rowelement and insertcell which inserts a cell
> in each row. However, i cannot find any API to fill the contents of a
> cell. Can someone please
> let me know what i am missing ? How can i insert content into each cell
> in a table ?

The way I would do it is to create a text node and then make that text
node the content of the table cell.  This may be the only way.  Thus
you could have a function like the following ECMAScript:

function makeTDWithText ( textstring ) {
  // returns a TD element with text textstring inside
  tdElem = document.createElement("td");
  tdElem.appendChild ( document.createTextNode( textstring ) );
  return tdElem;
}

Many of the functions needed for manipulating text are in the DOM level
one core, rather than the DOM level 1 HTML.

David

L. David Baron      Freshman, Harvard      dbaron@fas.harvard.edu
Links, SatPix, CSS, etc.  < http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~dbaron/ >
WSP CSS AC                   < http://www.webstandards.org/css/ >