ANNOUNCE: Python/XML release 0.5.1

From: A.M. Kuchling <amk1@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 20:44:13 -0400
To: www-dom@w3.org
Version 0.5.1 of the Python/XML distribution is now available.  It
should be considered a beta release, and can be downloaded from
the following URLs:

	http://www.python.org/sigs/xml-sig/files/xml-0.5.1.tgz
	http://www.python.org/sigs/xml-sig/files/xml051.zip

Changes in this version:

	* A DOM test suite has been written, during the course of
which a number of bugs turned up and were fixed, which greatly
increases my confidence in PyDOM's compliance with the DOM
Recommendation.  Test suites have also been added for various other
modules.

	* Added marshalling into various XML-based formats: a generic
one for Python objects, WDDX, and XML-RPC.  The generic marshaller can
be subclassed to implement marshalling into a specific DTD; both the
WDDX and XML-RPC marshallers were implemented in this fashion.

	* Collected the licences for everything into a LICENCE file.

	* Various subpackages (sgmlop, xmlarch, xmlproc, expat) have
been upgraded to their most recent versions.

For more information about Python and XML, see:
	http://www.python.org/topics/xml/

The days come and go like muffled and veiled figures sent from a distant
friendly party, but they say nothing, and if we do not use the gifts they
bring, they carry them as silently away.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson