Re: Detecting positional elements

From: <claudio.vernacotola@crpht.lu>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:39:19 +0200
To: www-dom@w3.org
cc: Wolfgang.Belau@ri.dasa.de

Hello,

> - Wolfgang Belau wrote:
>
> Is there a way of detecting the positional location of a specific
> element?
>
> Such a feature would be of interest for certain applications, where one
> likes to position certain elements in relation to the position of other
> elements.

To position a node in relation to the position of other elements, one can
use the insertBefore() , getPreviousSibling() and getNextSibling() methods
defined by the Node interface.
As far as I know the DOM interfaces provide no method for retrieving the
numerical
value of the position of a node in a stucture implementing a NodeList.

Best Regards, Claudio