RE: Equality tests on DOM nodes

From: Paul Butkiewicz <arabbit@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:35:23 -0500
To: "Ray Whitmer" <ray@imall.com>, "Andrew M. Kuchling" <akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us>
Cc: <www-dom@w3.org>, <xml-sig@python.org>
Wow.  I'm replying to myself.  If I did that walking down the street, people
would stare at me.

A further implementation difficulty has occurred to me:  There are likely
many people out there who would like to or are using the DOM in conjunction
with a database, making the node objects persistent.  These folks would
probably prefer that equality indicate not just that two nodes are identical
but that they represent the same record in the database.