RE: DOM Level 2 Core Features

From: Miles Sabin <msabin@cromwellmedia.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:07:31 -0000
To: "'Stephen McConnell'" <mcconnell@osm.net>, "'Don Park'" <donpark@quake.net>
Cc: "'DOM list'" <www-dom@w3.org>
Stephen McConnell wrote,
> > Miles Sabin wrote:
> >
> > Things I'd like to see,
> >
> > 1. A standard mechanism for creating XML/HTML documents.
>
> OMG specification include life-cycle services under the
> CosLifeCycle specification.  These interfaces include
> generalised factories and factory finders.  Synchronisation
> between DOM extensions and existing IDL adopted under the
> OMG would be preferable to rolling another set of interfaces
> from scratch.

Whilst I personally have no problem with it, I suspect
that this suggestion won't go down too well with those folks
not committed to CORBA ... and that's a sizable chunk of
the DOMs audience.

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                          Cromwell Media
Internet Systems Architect           5/6 Glenthorne Mews