From: Jonathan Robie <jonathan@texcel.no>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 14:36:54 -0500
To: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@w3.org>
Cc: DOM List <www-dom@w3.org>
Let me make sure I understand all the issues involved to make iterators
stable while structures are changed. I think I need to do at least the

1. Make next() an atomic operation for an iterator, so that the structure
is assumed not to change during a next().

2. Ensure that an iterator knows when the position to which it refers
becomes invalid.

In addition it would be useful to be able to use locks to ensure that
structures are not changing.

Is that sufficient?

Texcel Research