Re: Attribute is a kind of Node?

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 10:47:11 -0500
To: www-dom@w3.org
To answer the other question:

>What will be happen if insertBefore() is called like below?
>    myNode.insertNode(myAttribute, prevNode);

As I read it, that should cause the DOM to throw a HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR
since Attribute is not an acceptable child of any node. See the
documentation for Node, which includes a table indicating what parent/child
relationships are legal.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research
Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are solely those of the author.