From: Miles Sabin <msabin@cromwellmedia.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 14:15:57 -0000
To: "'keshlam@us.ibm.com'" <keshlam@us.ibm.com>, "'www-dom@w3.org'" <www-dom@w3.org>
Joe Kesselman wrote,

> The iterative-tree-traversal mechanism certainly does work;
> I'm using it. In fact, in some places it works better than
> I'd really like it to -- If I were king <grin/> I would have
> preferred that EntityReference point to an Entity for its
> value, rather that replicating the Entity's children.

Seconded on both points. The EntityReference children problem
has bitten me too. Having to test and switch on a nodes type
causes me pain, but in the absence of a standardized visitor
mechanism, there's not a lot of choice. I'd love to see a
standard NodeVisitor in level-2.

> I agree that iterators, unlike NodeList, shouldn't attempt to
> be "live" but should simply walk the tree. And I'm assuming
> that's exactly what they'll do.

Let's hope so ...

Miles Sabin                          Cromwell Media
Internet Systems Architect           5/6 Glenthorne Mews
+44 (0)181 410 2230                  London, W6 0LJ
msabin@cromwellmedia.co.uk           England