insertBefore within a Document ?

From: Patrice Bonhomme <Patrice.Bonhomme@loria.fr>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 20:38:11 +0200
To: "www-dom" <www-dom@w3.org>

Hi,

I am doing a new release of the Silfide XML Parser (SXP) with support for the
new DOM recommandation version.

I am getting into troubles with the methods insertBefore, appendChild, ...
within a Document. If i append a node of type DOCUMENT_TYPE in a Document,
this node have to be at least after the XMLDecl and before the ElementRoot. Do
i have to force the place/index of this Node if i say
Document.insertBefore(DTDNode, XMLDECLNode) or throws a DOMException ?

Pat.

  bonhomme@loria.fr               |      Office : B.228
  http://www.loria.fr/~bonhomme   |      Phone  : 03 83 59 30 52
   * Serveur Silfide  : http://www.loria.fr/projets/Silfide