Re: Question on NodeList and client-server

keshlam@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Unfortunately the spec doesn't say deletion won't be handled -- and in fact
> deletion may occur without multithreading -- so fully complying
> implementations of NodeList have to support it.

Doubtless.  But you can treat all deletion operations as atomic w/r/t
access operations.  You need not be concerned with seeing an
inconsistent state of the nodes.

This does mean, however, that you cannot use firstChild and looping on
nextSibling to traverse the children of a node, I think.