RE: Relation between core DOM and HTML DOM

From: Miles Sabin <msabin@cromwellmedia.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:08:22 +0100
To: "'Don Park'" <donpark@quake.net>, "'DOM list'" <www-dom@w3.org>
Don Park wrote,

> Frankly, I don't think there is any problem.  If the user mixes
> Core elements with HTML hierarchy in dangerous ways and the whole
> thing blows up, they will learn to avoid doing that.

Fine, but were in the REC does it say 'if you mix core and HTML
elements all bets are off?'. After all, a class implementing
HTMLElement also implements Node, so,

  someCoreNode.appendChild(someHTMLElement)

is perfectly well formed.

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                          Cromwell Media
Internet Systems Architect           5/6 Glenthorne Mews