RE: TBodies ...

From: Miles Sabin <msabin@cromwellmedia.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 11:04:41 +0100
To: "'Don Park'" <donpark@quake.net>, "'DOM list'" <www-dom@w3.org>
Don Park wrote,

> Perhaps what we need is a way to have two views of a Document.
> A 'perfect world' view of the document for predictability and
> a 'anything goes' view of a document for flexibility.  Perhaps
> some of this can be addressed in Level 2.  Perhaps...

Ie. validating vs. non-validating? Sounds plausible.

However this doesn't quite address my current concern, which is
what to do in HTMLTableElement.insertRow() in the case where
there are currently no TR and no TBODY elements. Should I first
insert a TBODY element, then insert the TR as one of its
children, or should I simply insert the TR as a child of the
TABLE? I was assuming that the former was required, on the
grounds that a TBODY is implicit in the HTML, and should be
explicity represented in the DOM.

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                          Cromwell Media
Internet Systems Architect           5/6 Glenthorne Mews