Re: DOM Level 1 Becomes a W3C Recommendation

msabin@cromwellmedia.co.uk wrote:

> I think you're confusing the case where the new child
> is not in the tree (the common case) with the case
> where the parent is not in the tree (very rare).It's
> only in the latter that it sort of makes sense to say
> that no check is needed. But it doesn't even really
> make sense here, because this is just the degenerate
> case where a child is being appended to the root node
> of a document: naturally the check will be quick here
> because, the walk from the root node to the root node
> is trivial ;-)

You're right, however, the test will also be cheap in the case where the
inserted node has no children. I'll admit that this not a case as common
as the one I had in mind but it's still probably worth checking.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors  -  W3C, User Interface Domain  -
www.w3.org/People/Arnaud