Re: Anybody for a server-DOM spec?

From: Steve Ball <Steve.Ball@zveno.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 17:44:13 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-dom@w3.org
Claude Zervas wrote:

> The current DOM spec is next to useless for server-side
> applications. It contains way too much baggage designed
> for client-side scripting that only benefits basically
> two or three big vendors. It has almost no support for
> editing (since there are no defined 'set' methods for
> most of the node tree mutation attributes).

I'm working a a binding of the DOM to the Tcl language and I
haven't encountered any real problems with the spec so far.
The use of Tcl for scripting DOM documents transcends client or
server issues - at the moment I happen to be using TclDOM on
the server-side.

Having said that, I'd be happy to participate in your proposed
interest group... I could be missing something ;-)

I think "server-side" is too limiting a term.
"Non-GUI" perhaps? (Though that's worse!).  "Non-browser"?

Cheers,
Steve Ball