Info on messages marked [Spam?]

From: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 15:02:49 +0200
To: www-dom@w3.org
Hi all,
I suspect that many of you are wondering why so many messages sent to
this list appear with a mark [Spam?] in the Subject. The reason is
simple. To try and protect this list from spam mail this list is set up
so that any message submitted by someone who's not the list is marked as
possible spam. The idea is that it should then be easier for readers to
discarded these messages. However, this configuration as the side effect
to also mark messages sent by subscribers using a different email
address than the one they've used to subscribe. This is unfortunate and
there is currently no easy way to work around this problem. An
alternative would be to simply reject any message sent from someone
who's not on the list. But I believe this to be too constraining,
specifically because some people often use different emails.
At least now you know...
--
Arnaud Le Hors - W3C, DOM Activity Lead - www.w3.org/People/Arnaud