Re: Efficient read-only cloning?

From: John Cowan <cowan@locke.ccil.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 12:17:02 -0400
To: keshlam@us.ibm.com, DOM List <www-dom@w3.org>
Joe Kesselman scripsit:

> EntityReference is supposed to (appear to) contain a read-only copy of the
> data stored in the Entity. I'm looking for a more elegant method of
> achieving that.

I don't think you can, really.  The children of an EntityReference
can't be the same objects as the children of an Entity, because of
the Node.getParent() method, which must return a different result
in each case.  If you can figure a way around this problem, your
other problems are fairly straightforward.