Far be it from me to help...

From: Les Cuff <lez@fastfwd.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 00:07:46 -0230
To: <lez@colabnet.nf.ca>
Cc: "DOM List" <www-dom@w3.org>
Why not just say that there are types of links and that one of them
is tight (internal) and that another is loose (external).

We leave the enforcement of forged tight links to the next level of the
implementation; and we have a basic assurance that compliant cloning will
be possible, even if we cannot yet enforce NO UNAUTHORIZED CLONING.

I'll get into the difference between an American President and a Prime
Minister
of Newfoundland later....

Les Cuff
nf.ca