Re: Should Document.cloneNode() work in Level 1?

From: Don Park <donpark@quake.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 01:59:26 -0700
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
Alfie,

>The problem with transferNode below is that it assumes that
>the destination node can change the ownerDocument for the
>node, which currently isn't possible between implementations.

Yeah, I realized my forgetfulness right after posting it.  This basically
forces transferNode implementation to always move by copying the content.

However, your suggestion also forces cloning.  The question is, are there
any way to do this without cloning?  Just change the definition of
insertChild/appendChild?

Don