Re: Question about Entity and EntityReferance again.

From: Don Park <donpark@quake.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 21:04:11 -0700
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
>If any EntityReferences have copy of expanded entity, it is too expensive.
>If the EntityReferences which have same entity name refer only one expanded
>entity, then traversing tree to lower level than EntityReference and
traversing
>to upper level than EntityReference will not be compatible.

You are correct in both cases.  The spec talks about child lists of Entity
and EntityReference being same but it does not say what the children's
parents are suppose to be.

>I want to implement Entity and EntityReference as "Entity has expanded
entity
>as its children and EntityReference dosen't have children only have entity
name".

>Is this way illegal?

As far as I know, yes.  Navigation code must check for EntityReference node
type if it is assuming getParentNode to work correctly.

Don