Re: Anybody for a server-DOM spec -> transferring nodes and listener model.

From: Claude Zervas <czervas@Adobe.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:29:01 -0700
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
At 03:31 PM 8/18/98 -0700, Don Park wrote:
>..
>As far as DOM allowing sharing of nodes between implementations is
>concerned, I think it is a bad solution to a worthy problem.

I still can't quite understand why this is such an unpleasant
idea. The current DOM is very close to being able to support
this as is.

>Have you
>considered using well-formed external entities and/or XPointers?

Yes, but these are not public standards as far as I know.

-------

Is anybody else interested in mixing implementations or am I
completely off the well-worn path here?

- Claude Zervas