Re: Anybody for a server-DOM spec -> transferring nodes and listener model.

From: ANOQ of the Sun <anoq@vip.cybercity.dk>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 00:11:03 +0200
To: DOM List <www-dom@w3.org>
Claude Zervas wrote:
> Distributed documents is an interesting question. I'm not sure if that's
> best addressed at the DOM, above DOM, or below DOM.

If you use CORBA, you can distribute all objects in the DOM tree as
much as you like. I guess this is handled below DOM in this case.
CORBA generates proxy objects, handles network communication etc.

Mixing implementations will require that all implementations
speak something like IIOP on the wire, and that all objects
only access the public DOM APIs...

Cheers
--
,