Re: Anybody for a server-DOM spec -> transferring nodes and listener model.

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 17:50:58 -0400
To: www-dom@w3.org
Claude, I'd still like to understand why removing get-next and get-previous
from the server-dom spec would be a good thing. What harm are they doing if
you don't use 'em? On a server, I presume your concern isn't code size.

It could be performance, but... reading between the lines, I'd suspect that
concern could be addressed by doing a bit of per-session caching of which
node you last accessed. Not perfectly, but to about the same degree that
caching data makes NodeList's "liveness" managable.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research
Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are solely those of the author.