Any chance of "Change bars"?

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 10:33:37 -0400
To: www-dom@w3.org
Just a thought... I don't know if your XML-sourced tools will let you do
this, but it would be nice if there was some way of marking sections of the
working drafts that have changed since the previous version(s), to make
finding those differences a bit easier.

(IBM's old convention was a vertical bar in the margin, hence the subject
line, but I'm not picky about how it's represented.)

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research
Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are solely those of the author.