3 comments for the 0720 DOM spec...

From: ANOQ of the Sun <anoq@vip.CyberCity.dk>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 13:39:48 +0200
To: DOM List <www-dom@w3.org>
Hi!

Here are 3 comments to the 0720 spec.

1) Why isn't there an enumerated NodeType in the Node interface? It's
all
unsigned short constants. Isn't it better to have a defined enum type
for the return value of the method nodeType in the Node interface?

Your descriptions even says: "the IDL specification uses an enum",
in the description of the nodeType method.

2) Shouldn't the item method in NodeList raise an exception when
the index is out of range?

3) Shouldn't wstring be domString or something like that, so that it
will
not interfere with IDL's builtin wstring type? wstring is defined
as a sequence of wchars, which is fine. IDL's builtin wstring is
defined differently which might give a lot of problems.

We have discussed this before, and I was told that wstring
would be changed to domString or something.

Cheers
--
,
ANOQ of the Sun / Johnny Andersen