Re: Another fuzzy point

On 3 Aug 98, at 10:11, keshlam@us.ibm.com wrote:

> I should have noticed this one earlier: The definition of
> DOMImplementation doesn't say what "version" represents, or what format it
> takes.

The next version of the spec has a "version" parameter for this.

> I assume it's intended to indicate which level(s)/version(s) of the DOM
> spec for that feature are currently implemented. But it's not at all clear
> how level and version are intended to be expressed in this string.

Levels are covered by the name of the piece of the Level. So for
Level 1, there are two pieces that might not be there - HTML and
XML. For Level 2, this concept will be extended, and we have to
come up with suitable names for each separate part.

Lauren