getElementsByTagName again

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 17:02:25 -0400
To: www-dom@w3.org
I've got my first implementation of the "live" version sketched. The
optimizations are probably not going to do any good at all in the cases
where its being live actually matters, but at least they don't add huge
amounts of cost when it doesn't....

One point isn't clear in the WD:

If the Element on which this is invoked also has the desired tag name, is
it included in the list? "Sub-tree of this element" could be read either
way.

I'm presuming not, but this should be nailed down more explicitly.