Re: MoRe: Iterating -- Yes it is confusing

From: Les Cuff <lez@fastfwd.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 12:58:12 -0230
To: "Arnaud Le Hors" <lehors@w3.org>
Cc: "w3www-dom" <www-dom@w3.org>
Is there a working group considering the nature of the
document?

I am seeking a concensus on the definition of Document for a start.

A response to my claim: 'a document is not flat' has been: 'a document is
flat when it is projected into XML'.

I concur with the XML as a stream
1 character wide. This does not cause me mental distress. But I still think
that documents are not flat.

Supposing I want to deliver a document in fragments. Piecewise XML if you
like. Would these be a single DOM tree? or would these be a cluster of
trees. How would inter-cluster references work out?

[Or am I just thinking that the intent of the DOM is to provide a persistant
object while the group is dedicated to a throw away for specific purposes?]

Sorry if this confuses.

Les Cuff
nf.ca