Re: EntityReference

From: KAZUMI Saito <ksaito@flab.fujitsu.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 12:46:41 +0900
To: www-dom@w3.org

In message "RE: EntityReference",
Gavin Thomas Nicol wrote...
 >> It is very difficult to implement this any way but by making
 >> actual copies, because each occurrance of the Entity has to
 >> have, or appear to have, the correct parentNode and sibling links.
 >
 >To be more correct, all the direct descendants of an EntityReference
 >have to have the "correct" parent and siblings. Entity only lives
 >in DocumentType.

Thank you, I recognized some problems about EntityRefernce
implementation.

Why "The replacement value, if it is available, will appear
in the child list of the EntityReference" ?

I have believed the DOM Object tree is another representation of
XML (text) file. Then EntityReference needs only entity's identifier
not replacement value, I think.

-----
富士通研究所(明石) 情報サービス研究部 斉藤一実
 TEL 7720-6141, FAX 7720-4961