From: Les Cuff <lez@fastfwd.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 00:25:36 -0230
To: "Stephen R. Savitzky" <steve@crc.ricoh.com>, <keshlam@us.ibm.com>, "Mike Champion" <mcc@arbortext.com>
Cc: <www-dom@w3.org>
what do you iterate over?

what determines membership?
i) match criteria
ii) ordering with the matching elements

what is an iterator: a linearization

how many dimensions does a tree have? how many can it be forced to have?

What we need is a way to flatten (linearize) any arbitrary structure. After
that, we need to be able to specify a collation strategy (see England vs.
Canadian English vs Canadian French vs Fance vs. American sorting algorithms
for strings with numbers and punctuation).

Perhaps more important than an iterator might be a concept of 'flat' in a
3.141592 dimension object
(tree CAD o lateral).

Bring on the ironing board transfer protocol for trees.

Les cuff