Re: latest DOM spec 19980720

From: Mike Champion <mcc@arbortext.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 21:26:35 -0400
To: www-dom@w3.org
At 07:47 PM 7/21/98 -0400, Michael Allen wrote:

>	With all this talk of quickly casting to subclasses from a base class
>reference, I wonder if anyone has ever thought of putting Visitor design
pattern
>functionality into Node?  I have also heard the Visitor pattern referred
to as
>"double dispatch".

Very briefly; we'll probably look at this more carefully in Level 2 as part
of the effort to define higher-level convenient navigation interfaces.
I'll file your message for careful consideration then, since at the moment
we're focussed on nit-picking the Level 1 spec.

Thanks for the good suggestion!

Mike Champion