Re: <XML:SCRIPT>

Frank Boumphrey wrote:

> With the XML DOM coming along, will there be any way to include a scripting
> language in an XML document using a reserved tag such as:-
>
> <XML:SCRIPT LANGUAGE="XSCRIPT">

You might want to check out the AHDM which we presented at this year's WWW
conference:

http://nestroy.wi-inf.uni-essen.de/Forschung/Publikationen/WWW7/original/

Right now, we are building a reference implementation and parts of this are
already finished (though the code is more or less still in an alpha stage).
The basic building block for the AHDM is the Kino 2 widget, which handles
XML, most of CSS1 and DOM-like access and modification. Future work would
include the usage of namespaces, but we are still waiting for the
specification to settle down a bit.

Regards,

Eckhart

--
Universität GH Essen - Wirtschaftsinformatik und Softwaretechnik
Universitätsstr. 9, D-45143 Essen, Raum R09 R02 H18