Re: To wstring or not to wstring...

Lauren Wood wrote:
> And I don't think there's an IDL-to-ECMA Script mapping yet either. The
> reason we did the handcrafted Java bindings was because we thought the DOM
> interfaces, in general, don't need all the CORBA overhead.

It shouldn't give any overhead to use the correct language mapping.
You don't need to use CORBA, just make sure that the API is the
same as if you were using CORBA, so that you won't end up having
multiple "standards" / APIs. You might need some CORBA::Long,
CORBA::Short etc. types etc., but I think that it really.

Cheers
--
,
ANOQ of the Sun / Johnny Andersen