Re: The DOM HTML model

From: Heikki Vesalainen <hvesalai@cc.hut.fi>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 19:28:35 +0300 (EET DST)
cc: www-dom@w3.org
Hi,

I use the following notation for trees: "Father: 1. Child, 2. Child, ...".

>> P: "How would", B, "be parsed?"
>> B: "This"
> I'm not sure I understand; is the issue that the "B" tag is "really" for
> procedural markup rather than being structural?

Yes... You got my point... As the element <B> of HTML has nothing to do
with the structure of a document, it sounds a bit funny (to me) that it
would then be represented in the way it is...

I mean it's no problem - you can allways have an iterator that travels
trough the tree of elements and returns allways the next string found,
but e.g. in this case instead of returning the string "How would This be
parsed?", it would return first "How would" then "This" and last "be
parsed?" which of course has a different meaning to some utilities
(users) then the first.

Well... If you think I'm complitely lost, just tell me!

Heikki Vesalainen * hvesalai@cc.hut.fi * http://www.clinet.fi/~wes
		 It's Not Here - Wisdom is Above!