Re: A few questions

At 08:59 PM 5/19/98 -0400, Chris Hubick wrote:
>	As a user, I prefer clean and simple, with less functionality,
>over convoluted and complex with more functionality.  But then again, one
>could argue, what do I know?  Just nailing down the objects involved
>seems like enough of an accomplishment to me, without all these other
>issues.  Just my three cents.

This is a fundamental dilemma we face.  If we were designing an API for
some "captive" audience, I'd agree with you.  Instead, we're trying to
design a standard that will "woo" people away from the proprietary APIs
they already have, and to bridge the gaps between the HTML - XML worlds and
the scripting - programming worlds.  Everybody wants it to be "simple", but
the various worlds have different and incompatible notions of what the
fundamental objects and methods should be.