Re: A few questions

Chris Hubick wrote:

> I think navigating the tree should be left to
> the user.  Attributes and Children should be normal simple two way linked
> lists, with the head of the list being the Node itself, and if you insert
> or delete something, it's your job to synchronize the state of your
> application, this should be outside the scope of DOM.  Everyone
> understands the behavior of a two way linked list, why can't DOM be that
> simple?

Because we are not defining a data model but only an API that anyone
should be able to map onto his/her own (possibly existing) data model.
This means, for instance, that the user just doesn't have a clue on how
to actually set a node's parent, but the DOM implementation does, and
will do it underneath when the user calls insertChildNode().
--
Arnaud Le Hors - W3C, User Interface Domain - www.w3.org/People/Arnaud