Re: Why is the value of an Attribute a Node?

From: Mike Champion <mcc@arbortext.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 09:33:02 -0400
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
At 12:05 PM 5/18/98 -0400, Hank Davidson wrote:
>A couple more questions, please.
>
>1. What happens to the node that is passed in to the Attribute factory; does
>it become the child of the attribute?
>2. If so, how do you construct the attribute when it may have multiple
>children, e.g. text - entity reference - text?
>3. If not, what type of node is it that is passed in?  Do its children
>become the children of the resulting attribute node?
>Does this mean that to set a simple text value, it would be represented by a
>two-deep hierarchy as the parameter to the constructor?

Rather than spread confusion by stating my personal understanding and
preferences here -- which may or may not be reflected in the WG consensus
next time around --  let's just say that this area is under review by the
WG, and I'll make sure that these questions are answered in the next draft.

Sorry for the un-helpful response,

Mike