Re: Hello and NodeIterator Revisited

Eric Vasilik wrote:

> Can you give me an example where gravity is not enough, and marker
> relativity makes sense?

Let me start with something simple.  Given a desired content model (a*,
b*, c*), I have a process that generates a's, b's and c's which I desire
to insert as I discover them, which is not the original order.  I create
three markers at the respective locations for the insertion of a, b, and
c.  What gravity do I assign so that no matter which I happen to
discover and insert first and which sets started out (or became) empty,
I do not wind up crossing the markers?  With relativity, the markers
just work once they are inserted in the correct order, even if
intervening objects disappear.

This type of situation happens regularly when I am manipulating a DOM,
in my experience.

Ray Whitmer
ray@corel.com