Re: Error on Element Declaration

From: Don Park <donpark@quake.net>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 12:05:09 -0700
To: "W3C DOM List" <www-dom@w3.org>
Andrew,

Somebody on the list mentioned that Attributes are Nodes because WG wanted NodeIterator to access the attributes.  Frankly, that reason does not jive.  Current design looks like something that reflects the 'internal' design of existing browser DOM implementation.

The real problem I see is that decisions are made secretly and we only see the result of the decisions.  We can argue about the faults in the design but we can not argue about the faults in the reasons behind the design because they are secret.

I really do not want to start another thread of heated discussion about something we can not do anything about so I beg every reader to resist responding unless it is in defense of W3C practices.

Regards,

Don Park
http://www.docuverse.com/personal/index.html