Re: Some more suggestions and a DOM OM

From: Mike Champion <mcc@arbortext.com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 13:40:31 -0400
To: "Jeff" <jmackay@vtopia.com>, <www-dom@w3.org>
At 02:43 AM 5/2/98 -0400, Jeff wrote:
>I have a number of suggestions based on a relatively detailed review (and
>implementation)

These seem well thought out and deserving of careful consideration.  I'll
make sure the WG sees this post and suggest we discuss it next week.

>- Create a DOMException class. All DOM exceptions should be derived from
>this class.  This is just a convenience mechanism, but many users won't
>really care about WHICH exception is being thrown.

I like this idea a lot!

>Whether anyone actually uses this diagram or not, a similar effort on the
>final model would be very welcome I'm sure.

Good point; I've been meaning to do this for months, but I'll try [ha!] to
do it for the next draft, and definitely put it in the final version.

Mike