Nodes as NodeLists?

From: Jeff <jmackay@enteract.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 20:53:43 -0500
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
I've tried posting several messages to this list, none have made it yet.
Here's another try:

I'm confused. What is the purpose of using nodes to hold collections of
elements (the DocumentType externalSubset, internalSubset,
elementDefinitions, etc.).  Is this just a convernience mechanism for
implementors?  Is it even possible to implement correctly?
How can an ElementDefinition belong to both the external subset and the
elementDefinitions node?

Jeff Mackay
Vtopia, Inc.