HTML Specification

From: Werner Donne' <wdonne@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 17:49:00 +0200
To: dom <www-dom@w3.org>

I have the following remarks about the HTML specification:

- Most interfaces in this specification are just enumerations of
The Core specification already has a mechanism to treat SGML attributes
thus HTML attributes. I think that interfaces with hard coded versions
of these
are not necessary. The major disadvantage is that each time HTML changes
specification must change also. If only the standard attribute
mechanism is offered it is likely no existing code will break.

- Inheritance is heavily used in the Core specification. It could then
also be
applied in the following case. The operations getItem and getTags appear
both the HTMLFormElement and HTMLSelectElement interfaces. They could be
put in
a seperate interface from which the two others could be derived.

With kind regards,

Werner Donne'
Leuvenselaan 172
B-3300 Tienen