XML factory and node types?

From: Axel Wienberg <awienber@hoxsun03.higher-order.de>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 20:18:01 +0200
To: www-dom@w3.org

I have not been able to find a way to create XML-specific nodes using the
defined interfaces.  There is a way for Core DOM, so I suppose there should be
one for XML, too - ?  Also, the NodeType enum only covers the Core DOM node
types.  The XML node numbers seem to be "TBD".  Or should programmers rather
use "instanceOf" ?

Another point: in Core DOM, there is a definition for node type Attribute,
which does not seem to be a node according to the IDL and Java specs.

Greetings, Axel.

+ Axel Rasmus	  "A man that cannot walk has to crawl"     Wienberg +