RE: [dom-xpath] Competing Proposals Proposal

From: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus <Scott_Boag@lotus.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 15:23:08 -0400
To: www-dom-xpath@w3.org

dave.pawson@virgin.net wrote:
> -1 for 1)
>
> +1 for 2).
>
> but (aka Scott B) we can't and *shouldn't* stop there.

Ditto from me for the straw poll.

Which is to say, I still think we (or a subgroup) should do a draft
proposal for 3), if only to see what the continuum might be from 2) to 3).
Also, some folks, like me, *will* implement more complete APIs for XPath,
regardless.  If we have a draft proposal for a complete API, it will at
least give some guidance to implementors, so that later, when the API is
firmed up, the transition may be easier.

-scott