RE: nasty namespace issue (was RE: Is minimalism a goal?)

"Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@virgin.net> wrote:
>      If we want this API to conform 100% with XPath 1.0, we're kind
>     of stuck when
>     dealing with default namespace declarations. But if we care more
about
>     usability, MSXML's approach is more straightforward.
>
> good example Aaron.
>
> I would risk this for a clean & early response, with
> a compliance goal when we can do it cleanly.

No.  MSXML's approach is worse than not compliant.  It is wrong... if you
try to fix it later, you break applications that used the broken approach.
I might be able to live with incomplete conformance, but there is no way I
can live with incorrect conformance.  It is not an option to define another
standard because someone thinks it  is more straightforward, IMHO.

-scott