RE: Is minimalism a goal?

From: Jeroen van Rotterdam <jeroen@tcf.nl>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 13:25:53 +0200
To: www-dom-xpath@w3.org
> There are several directions for XPath APIs to take:
> - minimal, convenience-oriented (e.g. Microsoft/Oracle selectNodes)
> - complete (e.g. full context initialization, matching, etc.)
> - performant (complete + compiled queries, streaming support, etc.)

I think a minimal approach won't get the necessary support by W3C which
is critical, otherwise we'll get another note which is archived for
several years.

I'm in favor for a complete support including the full context, I don't
see any reason why this shouldn't be possible within limited time.

By the way,

Who's visiting WWW9 or the AC meeting in Amsterdam ?
Because it's in Amsterdam I'm in the position to organize a face-to-face
parallel to the conference, this might speed things up. Any need for
that ?

Best Regards,

Jeroen

 Name:     Jeroen van Rotterdam