Use case

From: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 10:45:16 +0100
To: <www-dom-xpath@w3.org>
My prime one is the 'across invocation' bookmark.

Admitted the documents I will be dealing with are unlikely
to change (being on CD ;-) but the idea of a node identifier
which I could guarantee would be valid between invocation would
be a step forward.

Francis, you said

Perhaps we could establish some use cases for an in-DOM XPath
implementation?

Have you not seent the one that's been posted to xml-dev?
http://www.246.ne.jp/~kamiya/pub/omquery.zip

Even I got it working after a little help:-)
I now have a 'command line' xpath validator.

I'm starting to doodle as to how I will utilise it
effectively as a nav engine.

My basic need is to translate user navigation input
'up' 'down' 'left' 'right'
with units being leaf, level n levels etc., into
xpath commands which are relative to any given location.

Regards DaveP