Re: DOM TS svg tests

The self-hosted in SVG stuff is definitely experimental and I would
appreciate problem reports.  I have been able to run individual tests
in Batik but only able to run in Adobe SVG after manually hacking to
add the test framework into the test document instead of using an
entity reference.  Because of the manual nature of running the
self-hosted tests, I have not attempted to run all the tests and expect
that there are some failures due to framework or production problems.
With KSVG's integration with Konqueror, I assume that you are able to
browse to the test directory and see a whole bunch of green and red
thumbnails.

Any test that depends on the total count of elements in the document
has a high likelihood of problems since the self-hosted tests depend on
inserting script elements into the document that don't appear in the
documents for the additional test suite.

Tests that load more than one document (typically to try to induce
WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR's or the like) are problematic for the self-hosted
tests.  If the document URL's were identical, the documents returned on
the subsequent calls to load were clones of the initial document.  If
the URL's don't match, then the tests should be skipped.

The Bugzilla for the DOM TS should be used to log problems with the
test suite or the productions (http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public).  I
haven't seen any traffic on the TS mailing list for quite a while, but
I haven't send anything myself.  If this doesn't hit the mailing list,
I'll follow up with the W3C staff.