L3 Validation update, building L3 without a network connection

From: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 02:25:51 -0600
To: www-dom-ts@w3.org

The validation tests had an implicit precondition of schema validation,
however there was not a mechanism to assert that.  I've added another
allowable value ("schemaValidation") to implementationAttribute to force
schemaValidation.  The Java support files use attribute names defined in
JAXP 1.2 to enable schema validation.

I added the schema validation assertion to all the validation tests,
added <assertNotNull> on return values to provide better diagnostic
information than NullPointerException and eliminate unnecessary explict
cast operations.

I attempted to run the validation suite against the last public Oracle
beta, however it resulted in almost total test failure.  I would
appreciate a report if the situation is different the current
development version or any other implementation.

Meghnan also complained that it was not possible to build the test
suites without a network connection.  If you invoke Ant with a
-Dno-network parameter, the build process should allow the build process
to run with previously downloaded DOM specs.

One of the changes performed in the spec is to remove the
http://www.w3.... from the xml-spec DTD in the xml-source.xml files.  It
might be good to change those to relative references and pack the
xmlspec DTD in the spec zip files.